Tuesday, September 20, 2005

!!!!!!!! YEAH TOAST !!!!!!!!

My mom's toaster lets out an ear piercing "beeeeeeeeep" about 5 seconds before the toast pops up.

WHY?????????????????

I have come up with a few thoughts:

1. If you are staring at the toaster waiting for the toast to appear, it forewarns you of the toast so you won't be frightened.. of course the beep is enough to scare the crap out of you.

2. The beep is there in case you can't wait the few minutes it takes to wait for the toast to appear and wander back into the front room to catch the end of "Blues Clues". It reminds people with the attention spans of ticks what they were doing. (No offense to ticks)

3. The beep is there to let my 2 year old know it's time to put on his "oliver - Please may I have some more" face to beg me for half of the toast I make. Not that I deny him toast, it's just that he has to have mine for some reason, thus the reason I make 3 pieces of toast. Of course the third piece of toast also means another "beeeeeeeeep" in the near future.

4. The beep is there to let my mom's two dogs (and all the other dogs in the neighborhood) that I am making toast and thus them putting on their "oliver..." faces. Dogs against the 2 year old. My money is on the two year old.

5. It's just there to annoy me.


You can set up this toast to make, toast, waffles, bagels, muffins, steak, and all sorts of things, why can't you tell it to shut up.

Any other thoughts on why it beeps???

No comments: