Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Mike's Christmas Party 05

Mikes Christmas Party 05

We went to Mike's Christmas party on Friday night (rescheduled from last week). We had a real good time with lotsa food and drinks, with only one tragic event... POP. I don't know why but Keith bought Jeff a case of that Jones soda pop that is flavored. Now mind you I usually don't mind flavored pop, but not when it's the flavor of a turkey dinner. Shortly after Jen and I arrived I was offered a small sip of the broccoli casserole, and I was thinking it can't be that bad, maybe a hint of flavor. OMG this was the foulest tasting, disgusting, think I have ever tasted in my life, and it's pop. I have had some nasty tasting drinks before but at least there was alcohol in it. I seriously almost hurled after tasting this stuff. The worst part of it is that this was just ONE of the flavors in this case of soda. There was also corn on the cob, turkey, pecan pie and I think another flavor. After everyone commented on how foul it tasted, they keep opening the other flavors.. and I kept trying them. Thank God there was alot to drink and snacks to get the taste out of my mouth. I am sure this is one of those stories that will live on forever, just like my jello shots. The rest of the night went pretty good with classic atari video games in the one room and movies in the main room.

No comments: