Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bowling for work

Last weekend some of my coworkers were in a bowl a thon for Junior Achievement. Since it was a work related activity I decided to go up and take a few pictures. Jen had to work (of course) so I was thinking of taking the boys with me, but Andrew was in true cranky form so I decided to drop the boys off to grandma and grandma's on the way up to Auburn since it would only be for an hour or so. The plan was to run up there, take some pics, hang out and head back. I show up just as they are starting the second game. They tell me that they are one person short and to grab a pair of shoes. HUH? Let's see.... I haven't bowled in over 10 years I think. Yeah I know it's not that hard of a game and looking at the scores from the first game, it was obvious that they were there just for fun. So I grab some shoes and find a ball. It's a little awkward since they all know each other and I am still learning names, but they are hooting and holering and having a fun time so it wasn't that bad. That and I had the luxury of their names being projected on the wall for their scores which gave me a bit of a cheat to remembering their names. It was alot of fun bowling again. It took me a few frames to remember the best way for me to throw a ball and the best mechanics to use. I just kept thinking that I was lucky that I didn't bring the boys with me. We ended up having a blast. I bowled a respetable 147 which was the second best score of the two teams. I hope that this is how things work with this company. Lotsa people having fun and helping a cause. I know that there will be things for the credit union that I will be doing beyone the 8 - 5, like a couple of parades coming up in a few weeks. I am sure I will be blogging about that.

No comments: