Sunday, December 07, 2008

let it snow, let it snow

So the plans for the weekend were kind of busy Saturday, but Sunday was looking pretty good. Saturday morning we woke up to a snowy day. Just enough to coat the ground and the streets so driving was very nasty. Jen had to get up and go into work so the boys and I had kind of a lazy day. Well as lazy as it can get chasing 3 boys all over the place and trying to keep Andrew from distroying the house. Jen got home around 2 oclock so I trudged outside to shovel the driveway. There was only about an inch on the driveway, but I try and keep ahead of it if I can before we drive over it. The driveway clears much easier when you aren't hitting tire tracks. After getting the driveway done I had to do a little repair on the snow blower. The last time that we used the blower, Jen broke it. I think she did it on purpose so she wouldn't have to do it again. I mean she uses it once in 7 years and breaks it? (well maybe not once.... twice). When she was priming the blower and the primer bulb falls apart. I figured that I better get it fixed since you never know anymore when the "big one" might hit. I stopped by a local outdoor equipment place and plunked down $1.89 for a new one.I thought it might be a whole assembly, but it was a simple piece of rubber. Anywhooo after shoeveling I am out in the garage trying to get the new bulb put on. I am trying to follow the guys instructions on how to replace it, but it isn't going like it should (of course). It would go so much easier if I could pop out the primer assembly since it is only clipped in, but I am real hesitant on how much pressure I can assert on the clip seeing how the blower is at least 10 year old and knowing my luck I can hear "snap... sigh.. crap" in my future. Finally I decide to give it a little more ooomph since the new bulb is real tight and since I am outside in 30 degree weather it's loosing it's flexibility. So I close my eyes, say a little prayer, and give it a little more and "pop" it comes out and doesn't break.. whoo hoooo. After getting the assembly off ,the blub goes on very easy and then snaps right back to place. I put everything back together, throw in a little gas, and crank it up. With the help of electric start it starts very easy and runs pretty good. After getting that done I come inside to thaw out a little bit. Then Jen and I get ourselves ready to go out. Saturday night was my company Christmas party. The in-laws get over around 5:30pm with stories of very nasy roads. We head out and up to the Bridgewater Country Club in Auburn. It was a pretty nasty ride up to a very nice country club. Since this is my first Christmas party at this company I am not sure how things work, so Jen and I sit down at the table with a couple of tellers that I know. I was going to take Jen around and introduce her to some people, but we were already late because of the snow and I wasn't sure if they would do an introduction thing (which they didn't). So we just sat there and talked to the other people and had dinner. There were some very tasty appetisers as well as delicious entrees of almond crusted steak with garlic/butter potatos. After dinner they did a contest where you had to guess the employee from their baby pictures. I got 7 right just out of shear luck and guessing. After that the party was basicly over. I had the chance to introduce Jen to a few of my co-workers, but not as many as I could have. We headed for home and the roads were actually better beause they were more slush than ice.
Sunday Jen didn't work so I thought it would be another lazy day... I was wrong. I got up and went to 8:30 mass, home to have a quick breakfast, and then out the door again with Jen and the kids to 10:30 service at her church. We got a call Saturday from our friend Tracy telling us that her two boys were going to be baptised at 10:30. We showed up to a standing room only church due to the baptisms as well as a children's choir.Lately the boys have been doing pretty well in church as long as we have curious George fuit snacks, a bowl of cereal, and some water. Usually William has to go to the bathroom at least once during the service and of course Andrew has to go with us. Well today I took William to the bathroom without Andrew and he had a meltdown for Jen while I was gone. After the service we stuck around and talked to Tracy and the boys for a little bit. When we got home Jen worked on feeding the boys while I worked on dragging in the Christmas tree and decorations. Jen and I got the tree put together,but then had to work on trying to get a whole strand of lights to work. Then we had to work on getting the William and Andrew a bath for the family Chistmas card picture. So quick baths and then getting everyone dressed and out the door for a 3:50 appointment at Penny's which we actually made. The boys did very well exept we couldn't get Christopher to smile, and he actually had a nap! The photographer was having a problem with glare from my glasses so I had to tilt my head down to the point that I was looking at the floor, so I look funny in the pictures. Stay tuned to your mailboxes for a Christmas card coming soon (just ignore me). We got done there and headed home. I ran down to Pizza Hut to pick up one of those "Panormous" pizzas that was very tasty and a pretty good deal.
So here I sit with the boys (and Jen) asleap upstairs and I am looking at a Christmas tree with no lights or decoration (we just didn't have the time today). So far so good with the boys keeping away from the tree, but we will see how things go with decorations on it.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Yea for cereal and patience of parents! Planning helps too.