Saturday, January 17, 2009

ahhh I feel reconnected

Well I finally got the laptop up and working again. In case you forgot, it pop and fried on New Year's eve when I tried to power it up. Well I took into a computer repair place and they confirmed that the power pack was fried, but wanted to check out the computer to make sure that the laptop wasn't the cause of the power fry. I was told that it would be $60 to replace the cord, so I wanted to make sure that it wouldn't fry again. I was told that the computer would be done the following week. OK I figure that would be alright since I still had my old CPU upstairs. Then I remembered why I hardly used the CPU upstairs. One it's not as convenient to get to as the laptop, two, it's alot slower, and three, I don't have any protection running on that one so it gets ALOT of pop up ads so I always feel rushed when I am typing. So I was told that the computer would be done on Tuesday... and waited and waited. During my waiting I decided to do a little poking around on the net. This repair place is the same place that my brother bought his new laptop from when his blew up. I really like his computer so I was wondering how much it was. I found his computer online for around $750, but when I was wandering around the computer repair store I saw that it was a little over $1000. Then I found the same computer at Best Buy for around $750 again. So I don't know if they are the exact same thing or not, but my brother got screwed by that place. I called them to find out what was holding up my computer and was informed that it would be at least another week before I got it back. So some more searching and I found my power pack for $20. hmmmmm. So I ordered it and picked up the laptop on the same day. The cord came a few more days later and after a very slow (and worrisome) power up it finally came to life. So now I am back to surfing in the kitchen and the front room. It just feels more comfortable for some reason. I am not sure if I would ever go back to that computer repair place for a repair, but I know that I will never buy anything from them. Hopefully I can get caught up on my blogging now.....

No comments: