Saturday, January 17, 2009

Christopher's Birthday

Last Saturday was Christopher's first birthday. Man I can't believe that he is a year old. I called him the baby the other day, but he is a year old now. The party was just a small gathering of friend and family. We kept the party as simple as possible with just hot dogs, chips, and snacks. It seems like with all of the kids birthday's that there is usually a weather issue. Without fail it snowed a couple of inches overnight. Our driveway basicly sucks during winter because it is so steep and gets real slick when the snow gets packed down. More than one parked car has slid down our driveway and out into the street. I knew that I was going to have a driveway full of cars and didn't want any of them ending up in the street so I made it a point to make sure the driveway was as clean as possible. Also, my mom was comming to the party, and she just had sugury so I wanted to make sure the drive was cear. So I snow blowed the drive Saturday night, then Sunday morning, and also bought a bag of ice melt that works fantastic so by the time the party started the drive was just wet and not a bit of snow.

I didn't have a huge supply of coney sauce frozen, and I didn't have the time to put together a huge pot of it, so I decided to try out a mix that I bought that was supposed to be just like downtown, in only half the time and with half the meat needed. The instructions for the mix were a little confusing, but I thought that I put together everything correctly. Obviously I didn't because the sauce tasted like crap. It was spicy water with boiled bland meat. There was no way to save it so I dumped it down the sink. I ended up putting the sauce on that I had frozen and added some more water to it to make it stretch a little longer.

We had a pretty good turn out for Christopher's birthday and got a chance to visit with some friends that we don't see enough of. I am hoping that this summer we can get together a little more often. So after some visiting, eating and present opening, we broke out the cake. It was a very tasty Pooh cake then Jen decorated. She also put together a little cake for Christopher as well. When we put the cake in front of him he just kind of gently touched it. Unlike the other two boys who tore into the cake, Chrstoher didn't. After some help he finally got the point of the cake and tore into it a little bit, but finally just ended up hitting it. I remember Andrew's first birthday we had to take hime right up to a bath to clean him up (man what a mess). After that and a little more visiting everyone left to take advantage of the rest of the day.

No comments: