Monday, November 14, 2005

...and we're going to paint the mother pink

Upon buying a new house, we decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to put a fresh coat of paint on the inside of the house. One, because we wouldn't have to worry about furniture, children, and the cat.. and two because the person before us had smoked in the house. Another thing making the decision easy was that we were going to replace all of the carpet in the house which is a good thing since I am a real messy painter. 8:00am saturday morning I show up with my father in law and we start preping the rooms in order to start painting. Little did I realize how long it takes to prep three bedrooms (including gutting the closets and removing some wallpaper) to get them ready for wall and ceiling paint. It wasn't until after lunch that I finally got a chance to put a roller into a pan and start rolling on fresh white on the ceilings. All I can say is thank God we are replacing the carpet since it would have taken the entire staff of Stanley Steamer to clean up what I spilled. One because I am a messy painter and two because the roller that it takes to paint over popcorn ceiling is very thick and takes alot of paint. So finally after doing just the ceilings in the two smaller bedrooms, the master bedroom closet ceiling, it's 8:00pm at night and I figured that 12 hours of this is long enough. Another 7 hours on sunday just to finish the ceiling of the master bedroom. Looking ahead to what is still left to do, I just look at my father in law and say "damn". I am thinking in my mind that I want to be moving stuff into this house in 3 weeks. I was planning on just killing myself on the weekends, but it looks like I am going to have to put some after work weekday hours into it to make sure it is done by Dec 1st.. the day the carpet arrives. Oh, and we also have to tear out all of the old carpet before that date as well..... "damn"

No comments: