Monday, December 04, 2006

What do I want for Christmas???

With Christmas being under a month away Jen asked me what I wanted for Christmas. She needed ideas for a list to give the in-laws and another to give her ideas for me. This year I am really stumped on what I want. For years it was easy. GI Joe with the kung foo grip and assorted toys, as I got older it might have been clothes, and now it's more like some electronic toy. But nothing is screaming "BUY ME" yet. Every year it gets to be more about the kids, which it totally fine with me, but it's nice to be a little selfish every year and to be able to let other know what you want. I think this year it more be stuff that isn't quite as normal. Maybe have someone make a copy of the Jeep keys so I don't end up taking them to work with me again (happened twice this year). This would make me happy so I don't have to worry in the long run. Maybe new controllers for our garage door opener since the ones we got from the house's previous owners were trashed with one not having a door on the battery compartment and neither one having clips on them so they get lost in the change dish/catchall. Gift Cards are so impersonal, and I hate giving them, but dang they come in handy, so load me up with gift cards to home improvement stores and restaurants.

I really enjoy giving presents alot more than getting them, but I am drawing a total blank on what to get anyone else this year either. I have one idea for Jen, but that's about it. She is taking care of getting stuff for the kids with a few ideas from me, but besides that I don't have a clue. Since money is a little tight this year Jen and I decided to put a budget on spending for each other this year. (OK every year Jen tries to put a spending limit for us and I always blow it. But this year I am really going to try). Our first year together she put a spending limit for us. I went to the mall at the same time she was working and I kept going back to her store asking if we could increase the budget a little more since I kept finding stuff. After a while she just told me not to spend it all. I did the same last year with that Lord of the Rings autographed poster which was way out of the "budget". I think I am going to take my one remaining day off for the year and just go shopping. It would be nice to do something else with the day, but it would also be nice to be done with shopping and not have to worry about it. I usually get in the christmas mode later in the month, but I think I will try to kick start it a little bit.

3 comments:

Marcus said...

I want a new furnace! No, that's not it. I want projects that have real time limits, not like the playground equipment ... nope, that's not it. Ah ha! I got it! I want "An official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time"

Sadly, you can't have it, for you might shoot your eye out.

davesbeachbar said...

OH MY GOD. YES... I remember all of those great toys. I remember that I was playing with the GI Joe action truck near the garbage cans one day and unfortuatly the garbage men came when I was around the other side of the house and they took it. I was so mad and devistated when that happened. I have a feeling that mom and dad pitched the action tower since it was there one day and gone the next. Remember that GI Joe crystal radio backpack? I think I still have that in a box somewhere.

To this day I still try and find Honey Buns for Christmas Morning.

MR said...

Who is Honeybuns?

You know what would kickstart your Christmas spirit? A Christmas party. Good thing there's one coming up.

We had G.I. Joe everything. Back when G.I. Joe was one man against the world. An army of one! I had the one that talked. You'd pull the cord and he's say "rrzzrt ruzzertazert." Which was actually "I have a tough assignment for you!" I had the safari vehicle, too (yellow, six black wheels).