Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hoosier Pie Recipe

One of my main recipes for the holiday season is Hoosier Pie. It's like a Pecan or Derby Pie that has been in the family for years and I took it upon myself to make this pie, buckeyes, and grandma's Christmas cookies every year. We are having a carry-in here at work tomorrow and I was going to make a pie. Jen and I looked for my recipe and couldn't find it. I can't believe that I lost it. I would just get the recipe from my mom, but she is laid up in the hospital for another week to 10 days so who knows where it is in her house. Luckily I sent the recipe to my step mom a year or two ago, and thank God she is more organized than I am. I decided to post it on my blog so I would always have it on-line. Much like Carrie's fantastic cookie recipe that I have had to reprint a couple times off her blog when I loose the hard copy. So here it is

Hoosier Pie

1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar

3 eggs beaten
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

2 tbsp Bourbon

1/2 cup chopped pecans

Cream butter, beat in sugar gradually. Add eggs, syrup, vanilla and salt, blend well. Stir in chocolate chips, pecans and Bourbon. Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake 40-45 minutes at 375.


I like to refrigerate the pie after it has cooled. It helps the pie set up and get a little more firm in the middle. Usually serve with whipped cream on the top. This is a really rich pie and the taste of bourbon is pretty subtle and alot gets burned off so don't worry about it tasting like a bourbon pie.

Next I post my buckeye recipe..... Enjoy

1 comment:

Sjs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.