Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Saturday Thing

Saturday morning I woke up at 5:30am and out the door by 5:45am. This was in an attempt to do something or get something for Jenny for Christmas so I will post that adventure after Christmas...

bedroom (where the Q's are sleeping) above the garage and almost directly able the garage door opener. The last time the Q's were in town both Jen and I had to go to work at 6:00am in the morning which meant two times for the garage door to go up. We didn't realize at the time how much noise and vibration went through the floor of the 4After my morning "thing" I decided to head to Target on the way home, just in case they restocked any of the items that I wanted overnight. Much to my surprise they did restock the v-smile game so I was 2 for 4 with my purchases. I asked about the TV's and the phones, but I was told they did not get any more in. Crap. But I was happy to get the game for the kids. As I am pulling up to the house I debated on opening the garage door or not. You see.. the 4thth bedroom when the garage door was opened. It wasn't until later on when I was sitting in the room when Jen came home from work when I realized how much it scared the poop out of you. So this trip I made sure to park outside both Friday and Saturday morning so not to use the garage door opener, but I figured it was 9:00am and with 3 kids they would surely be up.... nope... But they sure were after I opened the door. So more visiting and kids playing. Finally the Q's got stuff together to run out and visit with family in town and Jen headed off to work (again). William let me take a nap in the afternoon while Andrew was down for his nap. I had to wake Andrew up from his 3+ hour nap and we headed out the door to visit mom at the hospital. Andrew found a vending machine that sold animal crackers, so every time we visit he has to get a bag. He doesn't eat them that much, he just likes to see the money go in and the crackers fall from the shelf. After visiting for a while, they again got fussy so we headed out.
We ran over and visited Jen at the mall. After terrorizing Disney for a while we ran down to terrorize Andrews jewelers where my brother works now. The boys found out they have M&M dispensers and were constantly trying to get more. Andrew doesn't really like them that much, but the held a couple of them in his hand. Of course the chocolate melted and he ended up fingering the glass display cases with his greasy hands, but hey, it gives my brother something to do. The boys and I head home just missing the Q's visiting Jen at Disney. When the Q's get home we quickly put everyone to bed since Keith is especially tired and cranky, and they have a long drive on Sunday. Again the parents visit till the wee hours .

Sunday - Everyone finally starts stirring around 8:30 or so. After the Q collective grabbed some breakfast they pack up the van for a road trip to Michigan and then home to NY. It was alot of fun to have them around for the weekend. There were no major problems or meltdowns (a few minor ones). Everyone played nice together, including the kids. What is so fun about the Q's visit is that if they need something or want something they just get it. I don't have to worry about being a "host" all weekend, so that is relaxing. I know that we defiantly owe the Q's a couple visits in the near future. We will have to see what happens next year with the baby and all.

No comments: