Saturday, August 16, 2008

blogging and surfing

Saturday night at 11:00pm and I should be in bed, but I chose to grab the laptop, light the tiki's, and surf the net out on the deck. I can't believe that I haven't done this yet this summer and it's the middle of August already. Seems like most weekends there is one reason or another that kept me from coming outside. Usually it's the fact that after the boys are in bed and I watch a little TV that I fall asleep in the chair. The weather has been fantastic since we got back from Rochester so now I am going to try my best to enjoy every minute of it. I actually got some landscaping done in the front yard this afternoon that was waaayyyy overdue. When I watch the kids on the weekend, when Jen is at work, I usually try not to take Christopher outside since I can't really watch him that well, but now he is able to hold his head up and be a little more independent. I put him in the exersaucer (and in the shade) and got quite a bit done outside. The other boys tried to help me as well, but spent most of the time playing in and around the van. Chris lasted a couple hours with me until getting fussy and headed inside for his afternoon nap.

As I was working this afternoon I thought to myself that I hadn't been surfing on the deck this year, so here I am. It's a bit chilly tonight (around 63) but it is very clear with a full moon rising. One of the tiki's has bit the dust (out of fluid), and the cicada's are out in force tonight. There is a solice in these moments that I really enjoy, but don't get often enough. I just need to turn off the TV a little more often and just do something else. It was a bit annoying when we lost the big screen in the front room for most of this week, but it was also kind of nice just turning on the radio and not watching the "boob tube". When I was doing a TV swap with some other ones on Thursday night I thought about not putting a TV in the front room. But now I am just talking crazy. Nope, just going to take a little discipline on my part to try and get the most out of the rest of summer. William starts Kindergarten next week so I know that fall can't be too far away. Tomorrow it's church and Triangle Park for lunch celebrating my Uncle Dave's birthday. After that Jen goes to work and I am either going to bring the boys home and get some more stuff done or take them out to see a steam locomotive in New Haven.

ahhhhh.. beautiful night....going to be good sleeping...

No comments: