Sunday, February 01, 2009

Whewwwww... do not go in there......

I think I caught the flu from Carrie's kids. Thank God it wasn't the puke-fest that she had at her house, but I didn't want to get far from the bathroom for OTHER reasons. It all started last weekend. I had a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach, but this time of year it's nothing new for some sinus drainage to upset my tummy, but this one didn't feel quite. Anyway we took the family over to the in-laws on Sunday for lunch and I decided to run home to try and get a few things done around the house. After getting home I wasn't feeling that well but muscled through and got a few things done around the house. After that the body said "you are done". I was feeling extrememly weak and tired. I just sat down and just stared at the TV. The nice part about the day is I didn't have to go back and pick up the kids at the in-laws since Jen drove separate. They got home and I just kind of vegged in front of the TV for the rest of the night. I was feeling chilled so headed to bed. As soon as I got in bed I started shaking (almost violently) and couldn't stop. The bed was skaking so bad I was surprised that it didn't wake up Jen. Finally after what seemed like an eternity the shaking stopped and I fell asleap.

In the morning I got up and started getting ready for work. I was really feeling like crap, but I have powered through feeling like crap at work before, but this didn't feel like the usual. After getting out of the shower I just threw some sweats on and told Jen that was all for the day. I actually called in sick for the day which is something that I hardly ever do, expecially now that I get paid for any unused sick days. Unfortunatly Jen had to work all day, so as well as not feeling well, I also had to watch the kids. Jen's mom did volunteer to still come over and watch the kids, but I thought I could deal with it all pretty well. That was a mistake. I could have really used a nap in the morning and the afternoon. I didn't have any appetite either, but I tried to drink alot of fluids and maybe had a cracker or two. Saturday night is when I started the first of MANY trips to the bathroom and started pumping in the Immodium AD.

Tuesday morning I stayed to the routine, got up and showered, but again after the shower I headed back to bed and called in sick. Two sick days in a row is unheard of for me ever, but even though I felt a little better I really didn't want to spread this crap to the co-workers. Unfortunatly once again Jen had to work so I also watched kids for the day. I finally got smart and had my mom come over in the afternoon to help me with the kids and to allow me to grab a little two hour nap in the afternoon. Still no appetite for the day, but trying to keep the fluids in me was quite the chore since I didn't want to get dehydrated. This is going to sound a bit gross, but finally by the end of the day, the trips to the bathroom were getting to be more gas than liquid, and finally just gas. There is nothing like having the confidence to let one rip. Which also helped my stomach.

Wednesday I got up feeling alot better. I headed to work and tried to take easy for the day and avoid people, (Just in case). Which is fine, since most people were avoiding me. By the afternoon I could have really used a nap, but just stayed at my desk trying to get a few things done. Having not eaten for two days I was planning on easing back into food, but I got a dumbass attack and had a bologney sandwich in the afternoon which sat like a brick on my stomach. That hurt for a good day. So the next two days it was soups and noodles.

It's going around out there. So far it seems like the kids are alright. Jen is fighting something, but I don't think it's the same thing. Let's hope.

No comments: