Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Son of a ... razzzle frazzle snort snort

My life...

The automatic door locks on our jeep are acting up. They don't always unlock when they should and make a weird noise when they do work. With this said, we decided not to leave the keys in the jeep, even though it's in the garage, until we get a second set of keys made.

Myself and the family were out and about last week(in the jeep). When we got home we went through the usual routine of unloading kids and stuff out of the jeep. Being mindful of the keys I put them in my coat pocket to grab Andrew and the car carrier out of the car. The next morning was the usual rush rush rush to get ready and out the door. I have about a 30 minute drive to work (one way). I got to work, I clocked in, and I was heading for my desk. At that point I noticed that my right side was heavier than usual. I put my hands in my pocket and felt the jeep keys, THE ONLY JEEP KEYS. SON OF A ...MOTHER.... FLUBBER!!!! I knew this would happen. Now usually it's not a real big deal since my wife doesn't go anywhere during the days, but no, this day she has all kinds of places to go with and without kids. So quickly weighing my options I realize the only option is to run the keys home. Did I mention 30 minutes one way??? So I clocked out after being at work for 3 minutes and proceed to take an hour morning drive back to the house and back to work. The look on my wife's face when she heard the garage door open, and me hand her the keys, was pretty funny. Luckily I made up the hour at work that day so I wasn't docked for the morning jaunt. You think I would go out the next day and have keys made, but they are special "chip" keys and I need to go to a dealership and just haven't had the time.

No comments: