Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Darn you Ebay

We are getting ready for a garage sale this weekend. It's a difficult task to go through your stuff and decide what to keep and what to try and get a quarter for. Being a notorious pack rat I have a lot of stuff that looks stupid, but meant something to me in my youth. Most of the stuff has been in boxes for years now and I obviously don't really need this stuff. Anyway going through boxes last night I got unsentimental (if that is a word) and really made tough decisions on my stuff, throwing away a ton of high school stuff like papers and newspapers. About the only thing I saved is some of the marching band stuff. There is some stuff that you just can't throw away, but it isn't really needed either. My mom unloaded my baby stuff on me a couple of years ago. I don't really need my baby shoes, old teeth (tooth fairy), and other crap but I can't throw that stuff away. Anyway, isn't it the job of the parents to keep this stuff at their house until they die? I swear it's a law.

Usually for garage sales you just make a pile of stuff that you don't want and throw it on a table with a slightly inflated, and totally estimated, price hoping to get a portion of that price. But now with the advent of Ebay, I have been putting stuff aside thinking that I could get a lot more for it on Ebay than in a garage sale, or at least I am thinking that. I have actually found some of the stuff on Ebay for a few dollars here and there. Now I have bought stuff through ebay but never sold stuff, so I am going to venture into the world of selling on Ebay. Ignorance is bliss is my thinking, and all of this stuff I would have happily just thrown on a table and got whatever for it, but now I actually have to work at it to make a few dollars. I know I could take it to an Ebay store, but I don't want someone else cutting into my few dollar profits. And you never know if someone really wants my electronic quarterback handheld game with the red dots and would pay a lot for it. You wouldn't think that anyone would want my crap, but then I run into people like MR who buys stuff like this and I find there is hope. I will just put it on the list of things to do.

No comments: