Friday, April 07, 2006

Just Kids Stuff

William's 3rd birthday was last Sunday. It was a good get together with Family and friends. I imagined a houseful of kids screaming and running around, but there weren't really that many kids there. Most of the kids that William runs around with are in a playgroup that usually does celebrations during their Wednesday get togethers. I was hoping to kick the kids outside to play, but it was a little cold and it started to rain.

One of Williams favorite characters is Bob the builder, so we spent last weekend running all over town to find birthday stuff for his party. I am not sure how he got hooked on this character since he doesn't get a chance to see it that often on TV. Jenny spent most of Friday and Saturday getting the food ready to go including baking and decorating a "Bob the Builder" cake. I cranked up our old hot dog steamer that has the ability to quickly steam large quantities of hotdogs and buns in a short time. Unfortunatly I did not have time to make my coney sauce before the party, but I will soon. William is really getting into opening presents and really enjoys it. Any clothes that are opened are quickly tossed aside, in hope of the next present being a "fun" one.

I attempted to buy William a toy for his birthday. He loves his matchbox/hot wheels cars so I thought it would be cool to buy him a track so he could race his cars. Now I remember these tracks from my youth where you would hang the track on something (chair/table) and let gravity do its work and they would race. Good luck trying to find this simple toy. These days, all of the tracks are power assisted and alot require special cars that only race on those tracks. I didn't have time to do an intensive search for his birthday, but maybe for christmas. Or it may require a trip to E-bay.


Date to Note: March 30, 2006 Andrew rolled over to his stomach by himself

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Then he'll skip right to running and you'll never catch up.