Friday, April 07, 2006

Daylight Savings Time

This year for the first time in decades we had to observe daylight savings time in Indiana. Over the years, all the debate over the years was exhausting and anoying. So when it became law, my thoughts were "oh well, just change the clocks and move on." Boy was I wrong. The local media did a very poor job in reminding people to change their clocks on Saturday night, but luckily I remembered. I actually fell alseap in the chair saturday night, but was able to be conscious enough to reset the clock in the bedroom before falling alseap. When I reset the clock it was 12:00am, but when I reset the clock it was 1:00am, boy it's late.

I woke up in the morning and it was still kinda dark outside. It was 8:00am, but wait, no it was 7:00am, damn it's early. It kinda like when you put your clock ahead by 5 or 10 minutes in the effort to get you going earlier, you KNOW its 5 or 10 minutes earlier, but this is one hour. I still mentally adjust the time to REAL time, but its not quite as bad after a week.

Other things the time change affected:

We went to 10:30 mass and even the priest commented at the end of mass he would be curious to see who showed up at 11:30am for 10:30am mass because they forgot the time change.

Monkeyjack forgot about the time change, as well as Williams birthday, or maybe we will just give that one to Lori :)

My mom forgot about the time change. It was only because her brother called her about going to church that she was informed.

Williams body clock has yet to adjust all the way. I usually would attempt to put him to sleep around 8:0pm, but I haven't been able to get him anywhere near a bedroom until around 9:00pm. He still gets up around 7:30am which is around the same time, or does he think he is getting up early?

I woke up monday for work and it was dark again. I just got used to it being light when I get up for work so I have to adjust again.

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I hope somebody is making lotsa money.

The one good thing about the time change is that I got a chance to remember how to reset all of the clocks and watches in my house and in my car. I almost forgot.

2 comments:

Marcus said...

Changing clocks is bogus! Somebody got more money in his pocket for this nonsense! I don't like it. I preferred to be lazy and never have to change the clocks. The cellphones changed on their own, for what that's worth.

Keith said...

I still haven't changed the clock in my car, I haven't figured out how yet.

Damn time change.