Tuesday, November 07, 2006

And Now, The News

I figure rather than doing a bunch of posts that I would just make one with stuff going on.

In the Son of a B****h column

I am working on my Mac friday and it freezes up (like macs are apt to do sometimes) so I hit the reset button, whereupon it won't boot up with the master drive and I can't get it to recognize the drive at all. Of course that is the drive with all of my files on it. Our IT guy just looked at it and thinks the drive is toast, so yet another computer that fried on me in the past couple of weeks. My PC got infected with spyware and I ended up wiping out the harddrive and starting over from scratch, so I am still in the middle of reloading the programs that I want. But unlike the Mac, I was able to backup my files on the network before the hard drive wipe. I do have a backup disc that I did a month or so ago with my mac stuff, but still it's the idea of starting from scratch again with another computer at my station. My boss is really going to start to wonder what I am doing over here.

In the good times column

We went over the Jeff and Paulas for a housewarming party on Saturday and ended up having a good time. Jeff ended up pulling out a horseshoe type game with bean bags and wood stands with holes in them. It's called cornholing or the corn hole game since the bean bags are actually filled with corn. WARNING: DO NOT LOOK UP CORNHOLING ON THE INTERNET (LIKE JEFF'S MOM DID) YOU WILL GET SOME RESULTS BACK THAT YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE. We took the kids outside to get them some exercise, whereupon the adults stayed out for hours and the kids lasted 10 minutes. The game is extremely fun and simple (so to speak). Tons of Inudendo. What is it with the simple games being the most fun, like when we played 'spoons' in Chicago for Jeff's bachelor party. I felt so stupid suggesting the simple game, but we ended up having a blast with it (the beer helped too). I see this game being used quite a bit in our get togethers for years to come.

Movie Review

Jen and I pawned the kids off on grandma and grandpa and had a "Date afternoon". We went and saw Nightmare before Christmas in 3-D. Jen (and Carrie) is a huge Nightmare fan as proven by our Jack Skellington antenna topper. I kinda like the movie. I really enjoy the animation and imagery, but the story bugs me for some reason. This is my first 3-D movie, and I do have to say that for a movie that wasn't actually designed to be 3-D they did a very good job at creating the illusion with the rich backgrounds. I would recommend the movie if you are a nightmare fan or like seeing 3-D stuff. One small complaint is that we went to the matinee to save a few bucks and ended up being charged $2 apiece for the glasses, but hey, they were ours to keep.... uh, yeah these will come in handy. The funny part is that they look exactly like the ones they had for Chicken Little with the green frames like the lead character wore, so I am thinking they ordered to many for "Chicken Little" and thought what else can we release. But hey, if they come out with something else, I am ready.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

If ABC ever does 3-D prime time again, well --you'll have them then. When, you might ask did ABC ever have 3-D? They had it around 1998. I was hopeful that when Ellen Degeneros was on that 3-D lesbians would be hot, but they "blew" their chances by not airing something like that. Drew Carey show and others did have 3-D. You got the glasses free at local fast food chains.

3-D Lost, Jaws, Star Wars, or Christmas Story would be neat. I don't like Lost, but 3-D might bring back audiences.