Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I don't know why

Having two kids I am sometimes forced to watch cartoons almost every day. PBS actually has a pretty good line-up of cartoons that the boys really enjoy watching. But there is one called "Arthur" that I have an issue with. Arthur is a cartoon where the characters are all animals of some kind. It wasn't until only recently that Jen told me that Arthur was an aardvark.

There is one character on Arthur that really pisses me off. It is Arthur's little sister D.W. She is a whiney little brat who constantly is screaming and whining and telling on her brother even when it is her fault. And her voice is at the perfect octive to hit the "parent" nerve that gives you a facial tick. Why does this character annoy me so much? I don't know. I haven't seen one episode where she isn't a whiney little bitch where she constantly complains. Finally I saw an episode where the ticks off Arthur so much that he actually hits her. YES!! HIT HER AGAIN!! I actually kind of enjoyed that. I might get the episode on tape so I can play it over and over again. Of course he is the one that gets into trouble and gets the full wrath of his stupid parents who don't have a clue to what is going on. I know I will have to deal with these issues with my kids in the near future, but hopefully I will have a clue and keep the whining to a minimum

5 comments:

CAQuincy said...

Have you seen any of the episodes with the "Tibbles twins" (I think that's their name). They make D.W. look like an angel.

I see you're counting down to your son's b-day now. Now don't I look swell. I got one counting down to "Deathly Hallows" in five months, but no mention of my son's b-day--which is in six days.

MR said...

Hey Dave, I just noticed you spelled "searching" wrong in the tagline of your Blog title. I wouldn't mention it if it wasn't a front and center constant.

MR said...

Oh... you spelled "margarita" wrong too.

CAQuincy said...

Apparently he was already downing the "margaritas" while typing his tagline....

Marcus said...

Slap!

Back and to the left.
Back and to the left.
Back and to the left.
Back and to the left.