Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Superbowl

Yeah I know it's been over a week ago, but it's been nuts busy at work so I haven't had the chance to blog.


Jen and I went to the store to stock up for the Superbowl party. We were picking up a few things to make snacks. Now I am not the one that usually goes to the market, at least not since I have been married, so I am not really in my element at the market. Add to that the fact that it is real busy and hard to maneuver a cart through the store. I used to go shopping at midnight to avoid the crowds when I was single. So, we are in the cracker isle and I notice that every type of cracker is now flavored with all kinds of different flavors and combinations. Marcus brought some interesting flavored snacks from Snyders at the last guys night. My simple wheat thins now have 7 different flavors including Parmesan and basil (?). I am noticing all the different crackers and flavors and I notice a box that makes me stop. Applesauce crackers? who in the hell would want applesauce crackers? I make this comment to Jen who looks at me like "you idiot". Upon closer review, and her sarcasm she points out that they are applause crackers. Maybe I am a bit dyslexic.

Anyhow, we start assembling snacks on Sunday and are surprisingly ready to go by 3:30ish. I told everyone we start the party at 4:00pm thinking that no one will show up until at least 4:30 or so. Then it becomes 5:00pm. Then 5:30pm. Superbowl starts in an hour. I am having a flashback of the Quinmore incident and thinking Sh*t I am never having another party. Then all of a sudden everyone shows up at the same time. Whew. We ended up having a good time with a good game and pretty good commercials. I noticed that I was the only one drinking. Oh well more beer for me. It would be nice if they started the game earlier in the day so you don't have to be out late on a Sunday night. I noticed the footage of previous superbowls and they were played in the daytime, that would be nice. Also, I wish there was a way that true fans would get tickets to the game rather than the uber-rich or priveledged who don't give a crap about the game. Indy is about to get a fantastic new stadium, but they will never get a superbowl since there isn't enough places to pamper these yahoos or a beach nearby, so sad.

5 comments:

Marcus said...

I wasn't there for before you announced the superbowl party, I had already told MR that I'd go there.

Applesause ... I could do that error, it wouldn't be my first.

It sounds like y'all had a good time. That's cool. Were there any Bears' fans in the group?

davesbeachbar said...

yeah my cousin came in a bears sweatshirt, but it was mostly a colts crowd. Come to think of it only him and my son were in any kind of "team" colors, I assumed that mostly everyone else was for the colts

MR said...

He's not buying it...Dave's a smart guy, he's thinking, why would MR remind me that I was going to have a party and then invite people to his place?

ADMIT IT! You didn't want to drive to the other side of town to watch a non-high def game!!!

I won't be a "party" to passive-aggressiveness.

I'll have to have you over for a game sometime, Dave, it's just f#cking magic in high def. Even with rain on the camera.

Marcus said...

"passive-aggressiveness" ? Did I blame anyone?

The HD version is quite impressive.

Cerpicio said...

Wait, your wife lets you stay home when there's shopping to be done? You can do that?!

I suppose it's different when you have kids to watch.