Monday, August 27, 2007

Billy....do you like Gladiator Movies ???

Why is it that I am only posting stuff that happens on the weekend anymore? Could be because that's only when stuff goes on rather than the same ol same ol of go home, eat, play with kids, go to bed.
Friday night. The night of the big night time golf outing for the Kiwanis. The weather looked really good all afternoon then all of a sudden some storms popped up around 3:00pm. I kept an eye on them all afternoon and they got bigger and bigger. I was hoping that they would either blow through quickly or slip up north of us. I was already preparing myself for a soggy round. By the time I got home from work it was not looking good at all, but there was a slight window of it clearing up in time. My plan was to show up at 8:00pm and decided whether to just have something to eat or if I was going to attempt to play golf. My mom called around 5:30 and said that she wasn't even going to bother going out there, but I told her my plan. A few minutes later she called me and informed me that they were going to postpone the outing until next Friday. Probably a good idea. So I made the one phone call to Marc to let him know that it was postponed since he is the only one that was going to play with me. So now I have to get geared up for this Friday and hopefully talk a few more people into playing. Friday night I ended up mopping the furnace room up cleaning the concrete of some of the dirt and mud from the flood and the water heater replacement. All in an attempt to begin the furnace room remodel very soon.
Saturday I didn't really know what to do. Jen didn't have to work all weekend so it meant I could get some projects done around the house or we could take the boys to have some fun. I decided to try and get a few things done around the house. I pulled the Saturn out to wash and wax it, but the clouds kind of put that project on hold. While I was waiting for the clouds to make up their mind I edged the driveway and curb, then planted 3 plants that Jen had gotten from the mall, and a few other little things outside. By then the clouds cleared so I was able to wash and wax the car. Just before I finished we decided to hit church that night so we could do whatever on Sunday. After putting the kids to bed Saturday night I put in the movie "300". All I can say is that it is a very interesting movie. I can't say it was really good or really bad, just interesting. Very violent, but not really. The blood was flying everywhere, but you never saw it on the ground or on anything else. I don't know if it's just me, but knowing the the narrator of the movie was the goofy Monk from "VanHelsing" was a bit disconcerting. All I know is the the women of that time must have been REALLY COLD all of the time. Let's just say they could cut glass.
Sunday we decided to run up to the lake and go swimming. We got up there and found out that the water was real cold due to all the rain that they got up there, so we decided not to chance it. We hung out and visited, with the boys playing in the camper most of the day. We came back into town pretty early, and I was able to get the yard mowed, and the last of the gutter guards installed on the second story. Mental note to self: next time make sure I have on the tennis shoes with good tread when standing on the second story, and make sure I don't drop any more stuff off the roof. It sucks climbing down all the way to retrieve stuff.

No comments: