Friday, August 17, 2007

Cookie Review

I decided to try Carrie's mom's world famous chocolate chip recipe out for a spin. We had a bag of chips in the pantry that we haven't dug into yet. We usually end up breaking into them and snacking on handful. I of course put a small bowl in the freezer for a little while. I love frozen chocolate. Anyway I am glad I didn't break into the chips early since I didn't realize that it took the entire bag of chocolate chips in the recipe. Overall I will have to say they are very tasty cookies. I had a opps moment and accidentally put in a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon of vanilla, but I don't think that effected the taste that much. I made the cookies with regular crisco, but if I had to do it over again (and I think I will) I will use the butter flavored crisco next time. There is just the slightest hint of an aftertaste of something after eating them, but that could be the vanilla opps coming into play. My cook time for the cookies was more like 16-18 minutes rather than 10-12 for golden brown cookies. Carrie's assembly instructions were a little vague so I was kinda guessing at some stuff, but I think I might grab the phone when she is talking to Jen to clarify some of the assembly.

In case you want to take them for a spin: http://caquincy.blogspot.com/2007/07/moms-chocolate-chip-cookies-short.html

1 comment:

MR said...

I made Carrie's hashish brownies... which eliminate the extra step of having the munchies afterward.

wooooo....

they were mooshie.

...mooshie..mooshie..mooshie...