Thursday, August 16, 2007

Old cell phones never die... they just become playthings

I recharged my old cellphone the other day to get the phone numbers out of the phonebook since the sim card wouldn't transfer (even though they are both samsung phones). My plan for the old cell phone, along with a couple other ones, was to donated them to charity. They are mostly used at women's shelters since the 911 feature still works even on inactive cellphones. But due to my children's fascination with phones and electronics it has now become another toy. The one feature that they constantly want me to do is set the ring tone on the phone to a cat meowing. This is hilarious. The weird part is occasionally they change the ring tone and hit the old ring that I had for two years. Whenever I hear the old ring, my ear perk up and I think that I actually have a call. It's weird how a cell phone ring can provoke a response even though it's not my official ring tone anymore. The battery is now dead again, and now the decision on to recharge the battery to let them play with it or do the more noble thing and donate it to someone who might actually need it for an emergency. I think it will disappear tonight and into the bag of other cell phones to go to charity.

1 comment:

MR said...

I'm sure if they would have managed to dial 911, the firefighters would have helped you with that decision.