Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Getting into the spirit

I finally have been getting a little more into the christmas season. Saturday I saw a slim opportunity and got a chance to put up my lights. Lucky for me Andrew took a 3 hour nap so I could get the lights done with some help from William. Once again the lights are done, but I still want to tweek it a little bit, like always.

Last night I was getting ready to put the boys to bed and noticed that the Charlie Brown Christmas special was on, so I let them stay up and we all watched it together. The first episode was the classic one with Linus telling us the true meaning of Christmas (1965). The second half hour was a Christmas themed peanuts cartoon, but not the pull as the first one.I noticed tonight is rudolf and last week was the classic grinch cartoon. There is something about those little half hour cartoons that make you just feel good. Whether it's the call back to your childhood or just a good message.

So I can say I am getting more and more into the Christmas spirit. I think when we finally get our tree and I make cookies and buckeyes I will be able to be full tilt Christmas. (I was trying not to peak too early and get burned out). I am listening to Christmas music stations (WMEE) in moderation right now so I don't get tired of hearing it too soon.

The Christmas schedule is a little in the air right now too. Christmas Eve is usually at my mom's house, but I wasn't sure if she would feel up to entertaining everyone. I am sure we will discuss tonight. On a side note: she has been having alot of pain in her butt and down her leg so she finally got to the doctor yesterday and found out that when the put the screws into her back they ended up fracturing something in her pelvic bone so that has lead to more pain than usual. IF it wasn't for bad luck my mom would have no luck at all. But hey she can still move around and walk, but she won't be able to do the full tilt rehab for a month or two until the fracture can heal.

Merry Christmas

2 comments:

MR said...

"lighth pleath."

Marcus said...

My prayers are with you.