Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Rambled Ramblings

A couple things to get off my chest.

First a couple of PSA's. Now is a good time of the year to check you smoke detectors batteries to make sure they are good or just replace them. A lesser known chore that should be done frequently is the empty the crumbs from the bottom of your toaster. I hadn't done that in years and it was quite full and dirty. Another lesser known chore to do is to clean your refrigerator. No not just the inside, but if you take off the little face plate at the bottom (front) of the fridge you should be able to see the condenser for the fridge. Take you sweeper and clean the condenser so you fridge will run better. My father in law asked me about this earlier this year and I hadn't cleaned it in years (I didn't know about it). When I pulled the grill off there was a 1/2 inch layer of dust blocking the condenser. Just wanted to pass this along to others to check out. Note** your fridge may be different so check your owners manual. Also good time of year to replace your furnace filters..

Pet Peeve: For the love of God do not shovel or blow the snow from your driveway into the street!!!!! A bunch of my neighbors do this and it's like freaking tank traps trying to get out of the addition. With this much snow there are going to be these mini-mountains on the road for weeks. It's not like the snowplows are coming back (especially the city) to do the additions again in case you blow all of your crap onto the street. Even if they did come back the plow is designed to stay on top of the piles and not dig into it. It's going to stay that way and get encased in ice!!! I know with a snow blower there is a chance of getting some onto the road, but I am talking about the yam heads who blow or shovel all of the snow onto the road. Unless you see the plow coming down the street, don't freaking do it!!! Whew

I think there was something else, but I can't remember..

No comments: