Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Kiss-moose

I am still in a cheery mood....

The weekend before Christmas and all was well. Of course the family is suffering through their sinus congestion and other maladies. The boys both got a case of pink eye, but that has been clearing up pretty well with eye drops. William woke up the other night and chucked all over his bed 4 times during the evening, but I think that was just part of the start of pink eye or the sinus drainage finally getting to him. All I can say is thank God that I can handle blood and puke since that would have made for a looooonnnggger night.

Saturday morning I finally got the chance to get the oil changed in the Saturn. I still go to the dealership to have this done since they do a pretty good job and have a nice waiting room with drinks and snacks. After the oil change I did a little "finish up" shopping at a few stores. And I was home by noon. When we put Andrew down for his nap we started rearranging furniture in the 4th bedroom for the new paint job. We are turning the room into a Lightning McQueen room for William for the great Bedroom swap. After moving furniture around, I threw together a Hoosier pie for Christmas eve. After all that we just kind of lounged in front of the tv for the rest of the afternoon watching the kids new favorite move "chitty chitty bang bang". I got it at a gift exchange a week ago and they love it . I will go into more detail about the movie at a future blog... Jen got ready and headed off to work. As I was pulling the pie out of the stove I was in debate about going to MR's Christmas party. Jen hadn't confirmed things with her parents about baby sitting, I wasn't feeling that hot with my drainage, and I wanted to wrap presents and make buckeyes for Christmas eve as well. But I finally decided to go after my mother in law called to see what was going on. I am glad I got out for a little bit. I really like going to MR's Halloween and Christmas parties since it gives us a chance to get away from the kids, and since it's unfortunately the only time of the year that we all get together anymore. The crowd was small but mighty with the Mike, Jeff, Paula, Lisa and Jeremy. Had a great night visiting and watching Christmas story. I stayed long enough to watch "Ghost Rider", but I am not sure why now. Pretty Bad from what I could catch between conversation and visits to the buffet. Around 11:00 I decided head for home. Actually I hit two Walmarts on the way home looking for the elusive Christmas present that my mom wanted for my Uncle.

Sunday morning was church and then home. During andrew's nap we broke out the presents and Jen and I wrapped all the stuff for the in laws and family. We have still to wrap the boys presents and will probably have to wait until after they go to bed tonight which means another late night. After wrapping presents Jen got ready for more time at work. The boys and I hung out for the rest of the day watching football and "chitty chitty bang bang". After Bath time and putting the boys to bed I pulled out Jen's presents and wrapped them. I was trying to get started on the buckeyes as soon as possible so I could get to bed, but I didn't finally get started on the buckeyes until 10:30. So I was baking in the kitchen with "Christmas Vacation" playing on the laptop. I finally finished up the baking around 1:00am right when Jen came home. So I am sitting here just putting in my 4 hours for the day and then off for the next two and a half days. Wheeeeee.

No comments: