Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Milk Please :)

So I am trying to get my Christmas shopping done yesterday. I actually took the day off and had a list of places to go and things to get. Jen had to work in the morning so I decide rather than have her mom come over that I would watch the kids in the morning and then do my running around in the afternoon. Jen had to work until noon so she gets home around 1:30 (she almost never is able to leave on time). She closed the store Monday night and got home after midnight and then had to be back in the store by 7:00am yesterday. She was only able to get a couple hours of sleep so I decided that I would pick up William from school and take him with me on my shopping. I was hoping that Andrew would take a nap and let Jen catch one too, but that didn't work. So after picking up William at school we started to do some running around. One of the stops was to Hooters to get the new 2008 calendar as a gag gift for my uncle. I felt a little uneasy unloading my 4 year old to walk into Hooters with me, like people were watching me and judging me. Hey, it's not like I was going into the Showgirl next door. As Jenny reminded me William had been to a Hooters before when she took him there for a lunch with her former co-workers at Lincoln. Of course he was still a baby so he was probably thinking "LUNCH" as the waitresses walked around. As we walked in I noticed that there are 4 tables with people at them and 2 of the 4 had kids! Wow I didn't know how kid friendly it was. The plan was to get in and get out as quick as possible, but I had to stand at the front counter for 10 minutes (darn my luck) until one of the waitresses finally came up to help me. William was having fun walking around the restaurant and looking at the stuff hanging on the wall. The waitress flirted with William a little bit and I think he kinda liked it. We got the calendar and headed out the door.

No comments: