Sunday, February 01, 2009

Busted


I was just busted by the kids.


There are certain programs on TV and video that we don't want the kids to see. Some things Jen and I agree on and some I don't see the harm in. Like if Harry Potter is being aired on broadcast TV then it should be edited enough to be alright. Sometimes I think we might be a little over protective with some things, but then again they don't really need to watch some of this stuff until they get a little older.


Anyway, one of my little indulgences is the TV show "cops". I only get to see it on Saturday nights, or if I get a chance to watch it on-line. In Jen's mind this show is a dead-lock "NO", but to me it's a "ehh it's not that bad". So usually Jen is working Saturday nights and I will catch parts of an episode. The kids are usually running all over the place and not paying attention anyway, but they must have been paying attention a little bit. The other day the boys see a police car and both yell out "BAD BOYS!!" which is the theme song for the show. At first Jen thought it was cute, but then thought that the only way they know the theme song is that they are watching it. BUSTED... At first I was trying to play it off that they must have been runing by when I was watching it and caught bits and pieces, but then last night when Jen got home from work, William speaks up and says "Momma, we watched bad boys tonight". Busted again.


I miss the days of being able to say or do whatever around the kids. Now it's watch my language, and be carefull what I am watching. Pretty soon I am going to have to watch what I type. Crap.. I mean crud..

No comments: