Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pre-St. Valentines Day

So Jen had to work on St. Valentines day (today) so we decided to go out for dinner last weekend. We were able to pawn the kids off on Grandma and Grandpa for a couple of hours. I was trying to angle for a sleep over night at the grandparents, but we couldn't quite work it out. So we drop the kids off and make a run for it. The next question is where. This is always the biggest question we run into since we hardly ever go out to dinner anymore. Do we go to one of the "usuals" or try something new. I was hinting at trying something new, but Jen saw a special dinner deal at Olive Garden (one of her favorite restaurants). I kind of like the restaurant, but haven't quite found a favorite dish that I like there. So we finally decided to head over and try it. We go in the front door to a packed lobby. Typical Saturday night in the Fort. We put in our names to an hour wait. We almost went somewhere else, but hey, we weren't really in a hurry to get back to the kids. Occasionally they would bring around a pizza to the people waiting which is a nice touch and makes waiting a little less of a hassle. There was always a chance that it wouldn't actually be an hour, but just our luck a little over an hour later we were finally shown to our table. We are greeted by our waitress "Destiny", I almost asked if she was working down the road later on that night, but she would have bent the pole :). After sampling a nice little wine we finally decided on our entrees. Jen went for the special she saw advertised on TV, but I was being a little different and decided to go for a Parmesan Talapia with pasta that sounded pretty good. "Destiny" didn't bother to write down the order. A little while later we were munching on our salad and bread sticks. I tried a pretty tasty Italian beer that I might get for special occasions. They bring our entrees and Jen's meal looks delicious, but they try and hand me the seafood Alfredo and I tell them that's not what I ordered. I feel sorry for the girl bringing out the entrees since she isn't our waitress so she has no clue that it's wrong. So they take the meal back to the kitchen to make the correct one. Pretty soon the manager comes over to the table and apologises profusely and tells me my dinner is free and that he is buying dessert for us. Then "Destiny" comes over to apologise and swears she hit the right button. Unfortunately my meal is one that takes a long time to make so Jen and I visit and I snack on her meal which is delicious. Finally my dinner arrives and it is very good as well. (I might have a favorite.) I also notice that when I was pulling my chair in that it was very loose. I figure that if I move the chair enough and it breaks that I will get more free stuff :). During all of this I kept wondering if the Cramers were in the area since most of this stuff usually happens to them. I found out at Joshua's birthday party that they were in the restaurant next door earlier in the day so we figure it was just residual ju-ju that effected us. We finally got back to the in-laws a little before 10:00pm which is waaaayyyy past bedtime. We get everyone home and into bed a little before 11:00pm. During the night both boys come to visit and then they are up promptly at 7:00am the next morning. sigh..

No comments: