Monday, January 30, 2006

Beer is Beer..... sometimes

I like beer. I am by no means a beer snob. I have my usual brands (that are usually on sale) and some special occasion beer (the expensive stuff). I find myself sometimes at a party where my usual stuff isn't available and I drink whatever is available. Usually at Mike's christmas and Halloween parties is where I can get a taste of something that I haven't had before or that often. I even find a beer that I really like and put it into the special occasion beer selection.

That being said....

I was at a party last night where beer and pop was available. The beer that I see in the cooler is "old style". I am not sure if it was the ancient looking can or the years of kidding that that stuff was "pee water", made me think.

They still make this stuff? Beer is beer.. right? How bad could it be? They still sell this at Wrigley, so I should be alright, it's not Jones Soda... Just as I was getting ready to reach for my "old style" I saw a glimpse of the blue modern label for "miller lite" and quickly changed my selection.

Maybe I am a bit of a beer snob.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

No, I think it more like a person decided to drink windex rather than drano. Neither tastes good, but the latter is certainly fatal.

Old Style, because it is rarely opened.