Monday, January 16, 2006

Taco Hell

While spending a couple of hours putting together my son's dresser, (Sauder furniture.. some assembly required is an understatement) it was getting late and we couldn't really decide where to eat. Finally it was so late that ordering take out from a restaurant would have made it very late before we ate so we decided to "bag the bell". Usually when I eat there I can get stuffed for around $4 or so, but I wasn't 100% sure that my $7 cash would take care of the bill including Jenny and William, so I also grabbed $2 in change. Heading out the door with William, Jenny says that she only wants two things so I figured no problem I have tons of money and I was just going to get William a soft taco. So I am doing some figuring on the way over to Taco bell.... I am getting 9 items and I know for a fact that my soft tacos are under $1 so I should be fine. After ordering I am told my total will be $10.61 (I find out later that the two things that Jenny ordered are the most expensive on the menu) so I am a little short, but I notice that the Taco bell takes credit cards (whew). On the way to the window I also remember I have a $50 stashed away (Christmas money). I get to the window ready to pull out the credit card, but I ask if they could take a $50 knowing that some fast food places do not take anything over $20. The girl says that she can handle the $50 so I give it to her and then watching her through the window she seems flustered and is calling people over with keys to open drawers and stuff, but I figured that she just needed to put away the larger bill. After a little bit of scrounging around she presents me with my change... $9.39.... $9.39??? UH Wait a minute... I just gave you a $50....I know it was so long ago. She apologizes and more rustling in the cash drawer and she presents me with my extra $30 and says "have a nice day". Have a nice day??? I will if you give me my food. She sticks her head out the window and asks if there is anything else she can help me with and I said "Yes, I need my food" So she grabs the bag next to the window and says "You had the cinnamon twists and a pop?" (I had no ideas that cinnamon twists were so expensive..) No, I said and someone hands her the correct bag and I pull away from the window, but something still isn't right. Jenny ordered a Mexican pizza which I know comes in a box, and I don't have a box in my bag, and for the most expensive thing I bought, I want it. So I figured "crap" I will just run in and get the rest of my order, but then I remember I have William with me, so the whole process of parking the car, getting him out of the car seat, taking him and my order into the restaurant was a pain in the butt. Luckily there wasn't anyone inside so I went right up to the counter and told them of the missing pizza, which they quickly gave me along with FREE CINNAMON TWISTS.. woo hoo bonus (they are expensive you know). So back out again, load up William and head for home. This experience came close to a Keith and Lori restaurant moment, but the food was alright.

3 comments:

Marcus said...

At which Taco Hades was the experience? I remember that some are run by pot heads, others by dolts. Apparently, that one was run by both.

Cerpicio said...

"...close to a Keith and Lori experience." Yeah, but only close. I think their best experience still doesn't quite match your worst (just kidding Keith!).

I remember going to a TB in Muncie. We gave our order, but when they repeated it back they didn't have a single item correct. I don't know what speaker she was listening to, but it wasn't ours.


-- C.
("Uh, that was a Whopper w/cheese, 2 Coney dogs, and a 6-piece McNugget?")

Keith said...

Was there a grasshopper in your Chalupa?

Cause, then it would be a "Keith and Lori experience."