Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Pissed is an understatement

I just have to vent about my adventure getting my oil changed last night. I went to the all new Glenbrook Dodge/Jeep on Coliseum Blvd. I had a 6:00 APPOINTMENT to get my oil changed and to get a door lock looked at. What a Cluster (you know) that was. First of all I was there for over two hours... for a freaking oil change. I was the only person there, there wasn't a bunch of idiots like me waiting for their car. What's the point of having an appointment if you just get put in line like the other schmucks. I heard another guy say that it was and hour and 15 minute wait since they only had a couple guys working on them... excuse me? Why offer service after 5:00pm and then staff it poorly. The second issue that I have is they have this real cushy waiting room with this impressive 52 inch tv that DOESN'T FREAKING WORK and the most uncomfortable chairs that I have ever been on. When I wait for my wife's Saturn we have a nice TV, FREE refreshments, and nice chairs making me think about dumping the Jeep and buying another Saturn.

The third and biggest thing that I have a problem with is that my door locks make a buzzing noise when you unlock the door. When my wife set up the appointment she mentioned this to the guy at service and he told her that it was a common problem with Jeeps and then he proceeded to repeat the EXACT noise that the locks were making, but when I got to my appointment I was told that it would be $76 to diagnose the problem. I tried to argue that it was a common problem that they guy on the phone new about but they said there was nothing that they could do about that. FINE I said and went to the waiting room. After my 2 hours of waiting the guy from service comes out and tells me it's a door lock activator and would cost $295 to replace. I almost came unglued. I told him forget it and give me back the car. And what does this yahoo do?.. go immediately to my car to get it back to me?... no, he proceeds to start turn of lights in the waiting room and in the building and finally meanders back to the service area (ass). Less than two minutes later my jeep was sitting out front and I thought to myself... wait a minute.. I just paid $76 for a diagnostic and they never touched the door. So $110 for a 2 hour oil change and for them to give me an outrageous price quote.

I have since called and vented to the assistant manager who connected me with the managers voicemail.. we will see if he calls back. Also increasing my anger we called the other Jeep dealer in Fort Wayne and they knew exactly what the problem was with the door lock and told my wife that it would be a ballpark of $200 to fix. Needless to say I am either going to the other dealer on the other side of town or find a good repair shop in the area.

On the way home, I seriously wondered what my insurance deductible was and was trying to think if it would be cheaper to put the side of the jeep into a cement pole in a Wal-mart parking lot like my mother in law did. Visions of a baseball bat and the windows of the jeep were as clear as if I was actually doing it.

Pissed is an understatement.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

I was thinking of Mystery Men and Mr. Angry, beating the crap out of the car -- or trying.

A better example would be Used Cars, where they blow up the too-high priced Mercedes of the other dealer's.
"$45,000? That's too ____ing high!" [kabloom]