Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cars

Saturday I had to get the oil changed in the Saturn. I noticed the last time that the dealership was a wi-fi hotspot so I decided to take the laptop with me. Of course after getting past the service guy trying to talk me into $500 worth of maintenance on the car that "must be done" I was able to get to the showroom. I grabbed a pop and sat down at a table. I connected pretty easily and was surfing in seconds. There was only one other kid on the computer at the dealership so it kinda surprized me that it was so slow, but then I figured that the other computers in the dealership (probably the whole automall) were sharing this connection. I couldn't blog or do some other stuff so I wasn't sure if there was a setting on my computer or on there server that didn't allow access to some websites and things. Just as my laptop ran out of juice they told me that my car was done. Cool, that worked out. Overall it's good to know that I can take the laptop with me if I ever have any extended service done to the car. You know, the stuff that "must be done".

Speaking of car stuff. I have heard commercials and have seen signs for car dealers who will do you taxes if you buy a car from them. HUH? Let a car dealer do my taxes??? I would never allow a car dealer to do my taxes, especially a used car dealer. What a way of saying that they want to make sure they get all of your return rather than just some of it for that used pinto. I would rather my taxes were prepared by myself or H&R Block rather than Bob's used wrecks. But I am sure there are plenty of people who do this every year, but I just don't understand.....

No comments: