Tuesday, January 02, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year to everyone!! This year we had another laid back kinda weekend, which is becoming what we old people with kids tend to do anymore. I was never really into going out on new years eve that much, but I would look for a party or create one, but now hanging out at home and not having to worry about the other yahoos on the road is getting to become what we do. I still love a good party though.

Saturday I had the time (and decent weather) to get all of the outside lights and decorations taken down. Now usually I will wait until after new years weekend to do this, but I just knew that if I waited until next weekend it would be 10 degrees with a foot of snow. Saturday night we took the whole crew to Meijer to get some snacks and stuff for Sunday night and Monday (and of course beer). I don't know why but a good Reuben sandwich just sounded good for new year's day. I figured we could just do a snack night thing Sunday since we were going to the in-laws for lunch that day and I knew I wouldn't be hungry for a whole meal Sunday night, just snacks.

Just like predicted we got home from the in-laws Sunday night around 8:00 or so and put the kids to bed. I thought about seeing if William wanted to stay up a bit longer, but I could tell he was already tired. By the time the kids were in bed, Jen was downstairs baking up some brownies. These are the best brownies that she found a recipe for. They are kind of a double layered brownie with mini M&M's in it. DE-LIC-IOUS (made from scratch, not a mix). I put together some cream cheese and relish dip and put together some roll-ups that Jen had a taste for. By the time we stopped cooking and putting together the snacks it was almost 9:45 already, so we put the snacks on the table and sat down to watch TV. I had my Corona (with lime) and she had her pop. We both made it past midnight until 1:00 or so then both fell asleep on the couch. I got up around 3:00am and headed to bed where Jen followed sometime later. 7:30am William comes walking into the bedroom. nnnnooooooo. that is way to freaking early. So I got up with him and we went downstairs. The rest of the morning was spent in the lazy boy with an occasional cat nap here and there while the kids played with their stuff. Later in the day we went to my mom's house for a visit and to drop the kids off for a couple of hours while we got some stuff done around the house. One of the tasks was to get rid of the real Christmas tree that we had. It's always so sad to see it come down, but the needles were becoming a real problem. This year Jen did go out looking for a new artificial tree after Christmas but couldn't find anything she liked. By the time we were done with our projects we ended up just grabbing some pizza at mom's house with the kids. The reubens will have to wait until tonight. YEAH!!!!

No comments: