Thursday, January 25, 2007

I am a book widow

I am a book widow... When Jen gets a book that she really wants to read, I can usually count on her being in her own little world for the next couple of days. It's like she is in a little soundproof room where no one can see her. She gets so involved in whatever she is reading that it would take a small explosion to get her attention. One of the kids could be on fire next to her and she would just appreciate the extra light. I could be standing in front of her naked and she would never notice. Wait, she doesn't need a book to do that. (just kidding dear).

I dread the release dates of Harry Potter books since I know I won't talk to her for days . Thank God this is the last Harry Potter book. Of course she will find something else just as interesting I am sure.

Anyone else a book widow??

5 comments:

Cerpicio said...

Paula reads a lot, but she doesn't get that engrossed.

Marcus said...

Dave? Dave who? I haven't read about him yet. No Jen, Dave ... spouse ... husband.

Oh, yeah. That Dave! That's a shame, man!

MR said...

Only women can be widows, you're a book widowER.

I recommend you keep some best sellers to toss her the next time she starts a fight.

"YOU NEED TO GET OFF YOUR A--"[[bonk!]] ("To Kill a Mockingbird" bounces off her head)

If you're really mad, you can throw some Tolstoy at her.

CAQuincy said...

I have been a college basketball widow, an NFL football widow, a bbs->prodigy->internet widow, a frontpage sports->John Madden football widow, an Ultima Online->Everquest widow, and now a fantasy sports/youtube/YARDWORK widow.

I think my husband can handle it if every few years I shut him out for a weendend so that I can read the next Harry Potter.

(Although to give him credit, he HAS gotten better). ;-)

MR said...

At what, John Madden?