Monday, March 26, 2007

What's the hub-bub.... bub?

So a couple of weeks ago before we got nuts busy here at work I was surfing around the 'net and noticed another thing with a Myspace logo and address to I decided to investigate. Now I am clearly not in the intended demo of this website, but I decided to check it out. Hey it's free. So I signed on and created an account. I did a little work on designs and stuff. It was really confusing how to do things and set things up. I am trying to decide if it is because of my age or if it's just the fact that it's hard to figure out. I fiddled with the site for a couple of days and ended up really hosing it up so I decided to mess with it later. Last week my brother started his myspace account too and invited me to join his group of friends. So I blew the dust of my account and fixed the problems that I had created. I have been tinkering for a few days now and I am trying to understand how this stuff works, and I think I have my account correct. So I was waiting for myspace to amaze me and show me new and exciting things annnnnddd it hasn't. I can have an IM through them. Ok I already had one with AOL and Yahoo. I could start my own blog. Ok I kinda already have one of those too (even though it's nice to know I have options if it pisses me off again). I searched and found 9 people from high school with accounts and only 1 that I actually recognize. Of course I have received a bunch of invitations from other people to be their friends and I have no idea who these people are, but they are filling my inbox. Lucky for me it's my inbox on my bullshit throw away e-mail account. So far I am not too impressed or do not see what the big deal is, but hey I can say that I am on myspace!! Maybe that's the point. Oh well if you want to see it : http://www.myspace.com/davesbeachbar

2 comments:

MR said...

I guess I'm just too old fashioned for a place that asks your "orientation."

If they don't mean "due east" then I'm not going in.

CAQuincy said...

I've got friends who rave about myspace and how much fun it is. But I can't access it at work ("FORBIDDEN"), so it's not worth the effort on my part. Keep waiting for blogger to be put on the "banned" list, too.