Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Work Weekend

Man I am busy at work so sorry I haven't checked-in in a while.

Saturday Jen had to work to I was watching the boys. Now usually I can't really work on too many projects when I watch the boys since they both try and "help" me, and I am not able to leave them downstairs while I go upstairs so I usually don't try, but Saturday I decided to try. After putting Andrew for his nap (thank God he still takes naps) I decided to try and get a few things done with William "helping" me. The first project that I wanted to tackle was tearing apart a toilet in the kids bathroom so we could remove wallpaper and paint behind it. We found out that they wallpapered before putting things in the bathroom so there was even wallpaper behind the mirror. Now I have never torn a toilet half apart so I was a little nervous but felt pretty confident. William was actually pretty helpful holding some of my tools and trying to stay out of the way. He was actually kinda quiet not to wake his brother, even though I had to remind him numerous times.. shhhhh. I think he really enjoyed helping me so he was just too excited. So Project #1 done, hopefully it will go back together as easy. Project #2 was to paint a little area in our bathroom of a sample of color that we were trying. My mom had just painted her bathroom that color and I liked it, but putting it on our walls.... ahhhhh.. not so much. I think it is the fact that her bathroom only has a fluorescent light and we have tons of natural light in our bathroom. So the search continues for colors for the bathroom, and the job of annoying Jenny since I have an opinion about the color. This drives her mom nuts since my father-in-law usually just goes along with whatever she wants, so she is not used to a man with on opinion. he he he..

MISSION COMPLETION !!!! (for you little Einstein fans out there)

Sunday was at the in-laws for lunch and lounging. I decided that I needed to start going to vollyball again on Sunday nights. Not only to get my butt some exercise, but to give me a break from a rut I have kinda been in lately. I didn't realize that it had probably been about a year and a half since I have played, where I used to go every week pretty regularly. The funny part is that almost all of the people who played were the same that have been playing for years now. It felt good to run around and chase the white ball. (I look forward to chasing the little white ball soon). I felt pretty good after playing for a couple of hours but my forarms were red and stinging after playing for a while. I got home and headed for bed not really sure how I would feel in the morning. Overall I didn't feel too bad. There were a few muscles that reminded me that they were still there and they were not too happy with me. My knees were pretty sore but worked their way out by afternoon. The hardest injury of the night was a jammed middle finger, that flippin hurt and it was hard to type the next day for sure. I was thinking at least I didn't hurt a priest this time. (Slight accident with the priest and a broken ankle last time, oopps)

Hopefully I can keep that up and keep a good exercise regimin until I can get outside and start working on stones again (sigh).

No comments: