Monday, March 05, 2007

It was pan-dee-leer-ium....Part Deuce,Ducks,Deux, Douch,

(WARNING: PEOPLE WITH WEAK SOMACHES MAY WANT TO STOP READING HERE)

So of course after William gets rid of the hershey squirts, Andrew gets the stomach flu. We notice that he is filling up the diaper at pretty regular intervals. The unfortunate part of his poop is that it doesn't really stink (thank God) so he could be sitting in it for a while unless we check him all the time. Being a one year old he really doesn't care if he has a pants full as long as he gets to play with the car-du-jour. After a couple days of dealing with this we noticed that his butt was so irritated with the poop that it actually caused little blisters on his butt. After dinner, it was bath night, so I proceeded to take the boys upstairs. Now I knew that with an irritated butt that he probably wouldn't like being in warm water, but I figured if I could get him in and out pretty quick and wash his butt that he might feel a little better. Nope. He was pissed the second he hit the water (I might have made it a tad too warm). He screamed and cried the whole time he was in the tub, and I washed him and got him out of the water as quick as possible. I got him out and dried off and put cream on his butt and got him dressed. He walked out of the bathroom still crying a little bit and coughing. I went to grab him to dry his hair, and as soon as I put my hands under his arms, the contents of his stomach emptied onto the bedroom floor. I was thinking thank God I hadn't picked him up where he would have 'chucked' all over me. As soon as there was a slight pause in the 'chucking' I took him back into the bathroom so he could puke in the toilet and of course he was done by that point. I would have taken him in sooner, but I figured one good place in the bedroom is better than a long trail all over the place. We finally got him calmed down and Jen proceeded to work on the clean-up. (funny I don't remember him eating pears). We got things cleaned up and I brought up my mom's steam cleaner that we still have and cleaned and deodorized the carpet since the smell was starting to get to me. Of course this whole time of dealing with Andrew we are trying to keep William out of the line of fire and lucky for us he pretty much just stayed to the side.
That was last week, but now Andrew is doing much better. Along with his stomach virus we found out that he also had an ear infection and bronchitus (poor kid). But he is feeling much better now.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Daddy burnt my butt!

I'll teach him, later ... when he least expects it.