Monday, June 25, 2007

It's kinda a blur

I just had a three day weekend and it's kinda a blur.....

Thursday night we had grandma come over and watch the kids while I took Jen out to Red Lobster for her birthday. Dinner went well, but remind me not to order the meal that I had again. I have a usual at Red Lobster which is the crab Alfredo, but leave it to me to go off the beaten path and try something new. I will never learn. I got a dish that had 3 different things on it. Fried fish, fried shrimp, and fried clam strips along with fresh FRIES. That's alot of fried stuff to eat. It was very tasty, but foolishly I tried to eat as much as possible since you can't take that stuff home and reheat it (unlike the crab alfredo, dang). So a stuff, fried, stomach ache later we decided to head for home since neither one of us felt like getting ice cream and exploding on the spot. We got home and put the kids to bed and tried to get to bed ourselves. We had to get up early and take William to the hospital to get tubes put into his ears and have his adenoids taken out as well. So we have to be there at 7:00am (dang), it's on the other side of town (crap), which means we have to get up around 5:30am or so to get ready. I guess I could have thrown on a hat or something, but I didn't think it was that early. I finally got to be around 11:00pm thinking that 6 hours of sleep isn't too bad. Wouldn't you know it, Andrew does one of his 1:00am crying fits that lasts for 3 hours. So by the time I get back to bed it's just about time for the alarm to go off (Son of a ). Luckily I was up enough that I got ready and didn't sleep through the alarm. We scooped up William and headed out the door when grandma got to the house at 6:30am. The procedure at the hospital went pretty good. After checking in and doing all the prep stuff, the actual procedure only took about 30 or 40 minutes. I tried to sleep during this time, but that wasn't going to happen. We sat in the recovery room with a very cranky boy for about an hour and a half. When the doctor talked to us, he told us that the tubes are in place and that the adenoids that he took out were twice as big as the 15 year old that he did after William. Hopefully that will help him with a multitude of problems. The rest of Friday I sat there with William and we just watched TV.
Saturday morning I got a hair cut in the morning and decided to work on my projects in the afternoon. The project du jour was installing the gutter guards on the second story gutters. I waited until Andrew was down for his nap before starting the project. I can deal with William helping me with my projects, but I can't be on the roof and have Andrew free to roam. Jen had to work. I tried to do this project using a ladder from the ground but the ladder wasn't long enough so I ended up doing my flying Welenda's working on the rooftop. I got the front gutters done before William fell and scraped his knee which I had to get off the roof a couple of times for different reasons. I noticed that Andrew was waking up so I decided to call it a day. William was playing in the jeep and fell asleep. Poor kid. So I took Andrew outside with me and we played in the front yard while William took a nap in the jeep.
Sunday was a lazy day. Jen had to work again so I watched the boys and got a real good nap in the afternoon. Sunday night when Jen got home we grabbed a bucket from the Colonel and went over to the in-law since they just got home from a two week trip to Alaska. It sounds like they had alot of fun and took some pretty good pictures with Jim's camera.
Fun part of the weekend is trying to put ear drops in Williams ears 3 times a day for 3 days. You think we were beating the kid for the way he screams. The even more fun part is trying to do it by myself without Jen helping to hold him down. Other fun part of the weekend is Andrew did another wake up thing Monday morning for 3 hours. We have got to find out why he wakes up and why he won't go back to sleep and then try to find out why William has to visit our room almost every night too!!!!

1 comment:

CAQuincy said...

Always blame the wake-ups on the teething.....

Even if all the teeth are in, that MUST be IT!!!

You'll go insane, otherwise.