Friday, January 11, 2008

Baby Day !!!

Well here it is.. baby day. Morning started out pretty fast. I was actually getting a good night's sleep and could have slept in, but lucky for me I left the alarm on. We all woke up and got going. We dropped the boys off to Grandma and Grandpa around 8:30am. After a quick visit there we headed for the hospital. We were a little late getting here but we found out after we arrived that the surgury was moved to 11:30. Jen had a bit of a panic attack as she was getting ready but calmed down. The two hours before surgury goes really quick and before we knew it we were heading down to the operating room. We walked down still trying to decide a name for the little whipper snapper. Jen headed into the room and I sat out into the hallway. I walked into the room and lucky for me at it being baby #3 I kinda knew what to do. I sat down at the operating table with Jen and they got started. They have a little screen between Jen's head and the operating area, but like Andrew, the screen wasn't that high and I could basicly see everything. I am not a squemish kinda guy and I had seen it before so it didn't bother me. I actually watched almost everything. Everything went well in the operation and nothing that wasn't expected. They finally took the little tyke out at 12:07pm and he weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces and 20 and 3/4 inches. Newborns are really gooey so I let them clean him up. I saw with Jen while they tied her tubes and then put all of the "STUFF" (stomach, uterus ect) back in. After rolling out of the operating room we sat in recovery still kicking the names around. We finally decided to name him Christopher Daniel. My mom, Aunt Suzie, and brother were waiting in the room when we got back. As I am sitting here in the room at 11:00pm. Jen is doing very well. I think she is actully doing better than the last two times. Nurses here are fantastic, Food is very good. I can grab a snack down the hall any time of day. We currently have a nurse Cathy who is uber-cheery, just short of annoying, pretty funny. Unfortunatly this place doesn't have wifi or high speed internet so we will see how the dial up goes.

2 comments:

Marcus said...

Congratulations! There is a tiny little baby!

MR said...

Way to go! Baby makes three...kids, that is. I have a brother Chris--of course I've called him everything BUT that over the years. Anyway, just don't call him "Late for Supper" (rimshot).

Imagine what technologies, inventions and events he's going to see in his lifetime. Still, all things being the same I'd still take 1970, so I could be a teenager in the 80s!

Congratulations!