Thursday, January 03, 2008

HOLY CRAP !!!!!

Just over a week and we will have a baby in the house!! Dealing with the holidays and all that hub bub that fact kind of got lost on me, which is probably a good thing since I didn't obsess about it. But now I am in panic mode (kinda). I need to find and clean all of the stuff for the baby's arrival. I think the bassinet and car carrier are up in the attic. Of course they are pretty well buried since I wasn't really expecting to use them again, but now I will get that down and cleaned up. I continued painting William's room for the great kid move of '08. I am glad that I got advice from the guy at Home Depot and he talked me into tinted primer. There is no way that red would have gone on with two coats without it. I should finish up William's bedroom tonight or Saturday at the latest. Need to get the Christmas tree down and other stuff organized for baby-time. Jen is worried about getting the baby's "going home" outfit. You think by the third time we would have all the stuff we need and be ready for this. It's not like we didn't just do this 2 years ago. So, it's going to be a busy weekend and week. At least with Jen having a C-section we can plan for some of this stuff and not have to worry about it 24 hours a day for weeks before and after her due date. Yeah I know her recovery really sucks from the c-section, but there is something to be said for knowing when to get ready. Say a little prayer for Jen next Friday at 11:00 if you are of that persuasion.

3 comments:

CAQuincy said...

Still can't believe that baby #3's arrival is almost here!

So....how's that name-picking going??! ;-)

CAQuincy said...

BTW: All three of mine wore basically the same outfit home....
;-)

davesbeachbar said...

We are thinking of naming him Keith, :) We talked about it last night and we are further ahead than we were with Andrew which we decided on the way to the hospital. I have one that I am liking but not in concrete yet.

I suggested just using one of the other kid's outfits and you would have thought I said to put him in the trunk. She said that if we put him in an old outfit we wouldn't know the difference in the photos or something like that. Send her out shopping.. anything to keep her mind off stuff.