Monday, January 14, 2008

We're Home

Monday night, we are finally home. Here is how the weekend went (as I can recall, I am a little tired). I last blogged Friday night after Christopher was born. Fortunately Tracy and the boys were available to spend the night with the boys. I spent a pretty restless night on the couch/bed with many interruptions during the night from the nurses. Saturday morning I woke up and headed home to relieve Tracy. I got home and took a shower and got the boys together to drop them off to Grandma and Grandpa C's house. I got back to the hospital around 1:00pm. The rest of the day was just watching TV and reteaching myself how to take care of a newborn including changing him. First poops of a newborn are a tar-like substance that looks weird. Christopher had a tough day with his circumcision ... ouch. Again I will say that Dupont hospital is the best place in town to have a kid. The staff is fantastic and the food is very good and affordable. And I love the snack room down the hall for a quick bite or can of pop. Saturday night we were able to have Tracy watch the boys again, but I had to wait for her to drop her boys off at her mom's house. So I got the boys to bed and straightened the house, and also got the last minute stuff together for bringing the baby home. By the time Tracy showed up and I got back to the hospital it was after midnight. I put together the couch/bed into a bed and crashed for the night. I actually got a pretty good night's sleep with only a few interruptions. Sunday morning I got up around 8:30. The in-laws picked up the boys on the way home from church and took them home for the day. It was another day of watching TV and baby stuff. We haven't had cable in quite a few years so it was nice to be able to watch it again. I still don't miss it and can deal with broadcast television. I will just be upgrading to an external antenna this year to help clean up the signal a little and prepare me for digital. Sunday night we were able to talk Jen into spending the night by herself. I took the boys home and put them to bed. More getting the house ready and finally got to bed after midnight. The boys slept in till 8:30. After getting them together and dropped off to Grandma's again I headed back up to the hospital. We decided to try and leave before 3:00pm and go home since Jen was doing so well. We ordered what they call a celebration meal that is a very nice dinner/lunch. I had the filet minion and Jen had the chicken cordon bleu. De-Lic-ious. After a bit of a wait we finally got to head out the door around 3:30. It's good to be finally home. Still have to get into a routine of feedings and other stuff. So far Christopher wants to be fed about every two hours so it's going to be a long night, or the beginning of alot of sleepless nights. I thought the one interruption a night was bad, now it's going to be multiple. The boys really like having the baby around and are being pretty helpful so far, we will see how long that lasts. A couple of days to help Jen adjust then I go back to work. Hopefully she can handle the baby and the two boys pretty well. Her mom is supposed to help, but she just got sick so it's going to be an interesting week.

1 comment:

CAQuincy said...

*sigh* Wish I were there.