Wednesday, January 09, 2008

tick tick tick

I was asked if I was ready....

Am I?

Hard to say.

Friday is baby day and the mad rush is on. Trying to get stuff done, things cleaned, supplies bought, and just general crap done to get ready. It's a little overwhelming knowing that in a couple days we are going to have another baby in the house. The logistics of getting ready is what is overwhelming me. You know that I am a planner. I need to have stuff planned out well in advance and not having things planned is driving me a little nutty. Yeah I know when the baby is due and what we have to go through and all that stuff, but this time there is alot more factors that aren't planned yet. The biggest one is watching the boys. I know we are going to lean heavily on the in-laws this weekend to watch the boys since my mom is still out of commision. But there isn't a plan yet. Jen doesn't like staying in a hospital overnight by herself so I have been harping on her to arrange places for the boys to spend the night or other people to spend the night with her in the hospital, but it's not done yet. tick tick tick. Yeah I know it's my anal self talking. I will calm down. Everything will work out fine.

I finally got down the stuff from the attic last night and took everything apart so it could be cleaned. Little more reality hitting now. Yesterday was my mother in law's birthday so we all went out to Outback (restaurant decided at the last second, of course. must be a family thing) for a very nice dinner. The in-laws don't do presents and cards, they do dinner, which is fine for me, especially as I get older. This was our first attmept to take the boys to a sit down restaurant in almost 6 months. One, we don't go to sit down dinners that much anyway, and two since the last time we went it was a bit of a challenge with the boys. With William constantly wanting to go to the bathroom and Andrew wanting to get out of his high chair and "explore" we didn't see the need to try it again. But the boys were pretty much behaved as long as I was feeding Andrew pop and anything else he wanted on the table. William is fighting the cold that Andrew gave him to he was pretty subdued all night long. When we were leaving I got Andrew out of his high chair and proceeded to put my jacket on. He takes off and heads toward the door, but then we notice that he is going up to another couple at another booth (we thought to grab some food). But as I get to the table I notice that he is giving them hugs and saying goodbye (to total strangers). He did this to another table on the way out the door. It's a darn shame he is so shy (yeah right). We went back to the in-laws for some ice cream cake and visiting. We headed home around 9:30. After putting the boys to bed is when I climbed up to the attic to get the baby stuff down. Of course William (with andrews cold) wakes up 3 times during the morning and I just found out just threw up all over the house...

Am I ready for another one?

Yeah. Bring it on !!

No comments: