Monday, February 27, 2006

Ahh cow.. we knew you so well

(Marcus might not want to read this)

This weekend while my dad and stepmom were visiting, my brother offered to cook dinner for them on Saturday night. I offered to have the dinner at our house since our house is kid-proofed and easier to handle to two boys on the home field. So everyone gets together at our house and my brother brings over the meat. He informs us that this is fresh meat from my sister-in-law's co-workers ranch. Usually I don't know the history of my meat, but I do now. I should be happy that I actually know that this cow wasn't fed steroids, and preservatives, but it's also a little unnerving not buying the meat from the grocery. I mean it's not like we got the meat out of the back of a pick-up truck, but the processing of meat and grading of meat is there for a purpose. We fired up the grill and cooked the known, but unnamed, cow. It was a little fatty, but pretty good meat. We have a few more cuts in the freezer to try.

1 comment:

Cerpicio said...

Ever have a hog roast and eat the meat off the carcass? Talk about feeling manly.

Or queasy. I always get those two mixed up.