Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday.... of course

This didn't happen today, but it was a few Mondays ago....

I was doing my usual rush rush rush thing to get ready for work and out the door to make it to work on time. If I recall correctly the whole family was asleep so William was not "helping" me get ready. So, cool, just about on time to get out the door I decide to clean my glasses like I usually do every morning. (I hate dirty glasses). So I am cleaning them with my micro-cloth cleaning cloth and all of a sudden I feel the lens pop out of the frame. DAMN. I have had this problem before where the screw on the side would back out enough for the lens to pop out, but upon further review I see that the actual frame has broken by the noseguard. WTF!!! I never had that happen before. So time to find plan "B", not too easy on a groggy, Monday morning. I am trying to think of where I have an old pair of glasses that I can wear. I also remember that I have one more pair of my monthly contact lenses left that I can pop in too. Jen wakes up just enough to tell me where my spare glasses are at and I decide to cannibalize my new glasses for a screw to put into the old frames (the old frames are where the screw would back out and was lost). So quick fix and I head out the door. I had not worn these glasses in at least 6 years so even though I could function with these glasses they just proved to me how bad my eyesight was since I couldn't read very well at any distance.

An option that my co-worker pointed out was to have the frames welded. I forgot about that. So I took them to a place that would weld the frames for like $18. Cool, that will work. But when I got the glasses back the weld looked like it was done by a 8 year old, and the frames were distorted so they don't fit well anymore. So Back to the old frames.

Now the decision has to be made. I really don't want to go back to my optometrist for new expensive frames. I started wearing my contacts again, but I am lazy when it comes to putting them in, and I just wore them to work (I am looking into 24 hour lenses now). I am also going to the cheapy stores to see what kind of frames that I can get from them as well (you can't beat buy 1 get one). I would love to do lasik, but just don't have the money. Damn

1 comment:

Marcus said...

"Repario!"
Oh, sorry ... not Harry Potter here. Where did you go that had the 8 year-old welder? It's a shame that when you get glasses that they don't automatically give you spare. When I wore glasses, that was a pain! I remember breaking many, many lenses.