Monday, May 08, 2006

Guys night

Had a guys night Friday night. I tried not to overthink or overplan the night so I could just have some guys over and do whatever. With guys night I wasn't worried about cleaning the entire house and picking up all of the toys as much as if it was a family activity which was nice. Jenny took the kids out for a little while making it a more relaxing night. At last count I was expecting around 7 to 10 guys, so I got cards and dice out and made sure the queso was hot and the beer was cold... and then they started dropping like flies. Brett stayed home to help his wife with sick kids, Chris wasn't feeling well, Mike had to babysit so he could have pickup truck privledges (mulch time of the year), Nate had a better offer, the vampire had to work, and Scott was never invited I found out later. Jeff couldn't make it due to his wife getting her black belt so I TOTALLY understand that or he would get his butt kicked. I was planning on a bunch of guys doing different things at different tables, but it actually just ended up being 4 of us sitting around the table, drinking beer, and telling stories. My cousin Marc had to leave and play tennis but was replaced a short time later by Marcus bearing what could only be said as being a fine assortment of chips and beer. I asked everyone to bring a snack, so Marcus being Marcus he brings 6 bags of different types of chips and two 6-packs of different types of beer. The beer was very tasty and his assortment of chips was really great. He had some really spicy pretzel stuff that was de-lic-ious, THANK YOU MARCUS!! We ended up talking until after midnight and finally broke things up around 12:30am. It's never a good thing when you loose count of how many beers you have had since it probably means that you have had too many, so yes the next morning I was just a little bit hung over. It's been a long time for that I can honestly say. Overall a fun night... I think I will do it again soon.

One bad part of having guys night on a Friday night is that all weekend long my days got thrown off since I am used to doing that sort of activity on Saturday nights. So all day Saturday I thought it was Sunday. Sunday morning I wake up to see the clock at 7:30 in the morning. Thinking it's Monday, I say "SH**", shoot out of bed and I am heading for the shower when Jenny asks what I am doing and informs me that it is Sunday. I wonder how much I would have gotten ready before realizing it was Sunday unless Jenny had informed me.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

I'll bring different beer next time! The chat was great ... sadly no poker, but no money lost then either. I tend to win some or lose lots. I have never really had a "big pile" day with winning winning winng.

Anyway, I agree, it was fun!