Monday, May 22, 2006

I LOVE WORK !!!!

Jenny just called me to discuss the trials and tribulations of our heat pump/furnace p.o.s. I could tell that she was holding Andrew with his cooing and general noises that a 7 month old makes. I hear William, the three year old, in the background also. All of a sudden I hear the stereo turn on in the background AT FULL VOLUME. I can vaguely hear Jenny yell at William as she makes a mad dash to the stereo to turn it off. After the stereo is turned off, I hear the noise of both boys screaming and crying since it has scared the crap out of both of them. I hope someday my three year old understands that when you turn the big knob all the way to the right it gets kinda loud. So Jenny gets back on the phone with kids screaming and crying, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria. I tell her to call me back when everyone gets calmed down since it is a huge task with a phone in her ear to. As I hang up, I am sitting here in my little office area where the biggest problem of my day is if my orange will be tasty or not. I have been on the phone a couple of times when the conversation started "Do you know what your son did today...." and I am thankful that I am at work. Actually I am thankful and appreciate what Jenny has to deal with every day without killing the three year old.

She also called to tell me that he turned the thermostat in the house as high as it would go so it got a little warm in the house.... sigh....is it time for lunch yet?

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Escape is not his plan ... oh, wait! Yes it is!

Yikes! Wait til he gets started finding things to manipulate!

Camera + hammer = lots of parts! Cool! I must do that again!