Saturday, June 17, 2006

Summer Nights

Saturday night..... Midnight....Tiki torches lit.... cold beer in hand....
Welcome to Summer

I am sitting out on the deck here at midnight on Saturday primarily since our Mother F*^%$ing air conditioner still isn't fixed and it's cooler out here than inside the house. My weatherbug in on my laptop says its 79 degrees outside, but luckily there is a cool breeze blowing too so it's not too bad outside and hopefully it will cool down the house too. I have in indoor/outdoor thermometer that says that it was 92 degrees outside this afternoon and 82 degrees inside the house. So we spent most of the day outside with William's inflatable pool so I can actually say I was Poolside this afternoon :). It's kind of nice just chillin outside tonight with the tiki's lit and exploring the internet at the same time. It would be nice to have a dsl, but dialup will work (neighbors wireless signal must be encrypted, dang). I am working on backing up pictures and music to CD so in case anything happens to our laptop during vacation we won't be toally SOL. Burning my music files I forgot what cool stuff I downloaded. Most of it is pretty obscure stuff or should I just say older and not quite mainstream. Currently listening to Weird Al and I think the Gap band is next "you dropped a bomb on me". Nope I was wrong, it was "3 am eternal" by KLF.... hell yeah.... I am not busting a move on the deck, but I am sure that the neighbors are looking outside at me wondering what the heck I am doing but oh well, deal with it. Not like I am going to take a pee off the deck or something, at least not yet. Dang I just checked and it's still 81 degrees in the house and 80 outside. Looks like a clothing optional night going to bed tonight. (I know you probably didn't really want to know that.) "dream police" by cheap trick.. weee.. Ok now I am just rambling.

6 comments:

Marcus said...

I was imagining you typing while soaked halfway in the pool. Click, click, splash.

Your music sounds much like mine! Cool! I also have to back that thang up (my music HD).

When, did they predict, the AC would be fixed?c

davesbeachbar said...

The guy they sent out to do the warranty work on the AC unit submitted a price for a new part. The warranty company didn't like that price and decided to find the part on their own. They finally called Saturday to say they found a price and said it would be 2 - 3 more days from this Monday.

CAQuincy said...

Wow! You'll finally get air conditioning--just in time for you to go out of town! What service!

davesbeachbar said...

Actually, more than likely he will call us to install it while we are on vacation, and when we aren't home we will probably get put on the bottom of the list so I figure we will be lucky to have AC by the 4 of july

Marcus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marcus said...

Give him your folks' number, then, if they could, they could sit twidling their thumbs while the installers put it in with one thumb, each, in their rumps. Oops! I just re-read. I meant that the installers have thumbs up their ***** and your folks just waiting around for them to finish.