Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Current Events

Usually I don't take time to comment on current events, but I am so pissed that I feel I must. The story (if you want to call it that) is the current flack with Don Imus. First of all this is such a non-story it's not even funny. He calls the members of the Rutgers womens basketball team "nappy-headed hos". What is all the uproar about? He is a talk show host and he is known for stating his opinion. And that is exactly what that is.. his opinion, and it's not even that bad of a slur. It's not like he called them watermelon, fried chicken eating n*****s. He said it in a joking manor and was not malicious in the comment. He makes this one comment and gets the black extortion machine of al sharpton and jessie jackson pounding at his door demanding his job (and money). These two take any opportunity to get their faces in front of the press for their "cause"(not civil right, but money for them). Imus should have issued an apology one time and moved on. This could have been a freedom of speech issue and Imus rolls over like a puppy and takes it in the shorts. I'm not sure if I am more pissed at this being such the huge reaction to a non-story or the reaction of Imus to roll over like that. Any other "talk show" host would not cave like that. But I guess if you are more worried about your pension then sticking to your guns then "dance puppet, dance". I am sure he will be the tv/radio stations' bitch and do whatever they want to keep his job (pity). Either that or he will take this opportunity to retire or quit to count his money.
In other news they finally determined Anna Nicoles baby's daddy. THANK CHRIST. I am sure we will never hear another thing about this story now..... yeah right.

No comments: