Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Easter

I was bracing myself for another nutz busy Easter weekend like last year, but I was pleasantly surprised how it wasn't too bad. Saturday was a pretty lazy day. Jen had to work in the afternoon and I actually got a chance to grab a little nap when I put Andrew down for his nap. All because William let me take a nap. He had his moments when he felt he had to bang on a toy or two, but he wasn't constantly coming over to me and saying "wake up, wake up". Saturday night Jen got home and she stared putting together food for Sunday. Unlike last year where we were frosting cakes and cookies till the wee hours, this year she went for one dish that was relatively simple to put together. It's called dirt, and it's a real tasty pudding/whipped cream dish with Oreo's on top. Yummy. There was a small catastrophe when Jen boiled the eggs to color. Over half of them cracked open during the cool off stage. The cracks were so bad that they couldn't be colored, but they will still come in handy for deviled eggs. While Jen was working on that I was on a quest to finish painting the boys bathroom by the end of the weekend. It was half done, but we just had too much stuff going on to finish. For some reason William really fought us in going to sleep Saturday night so I wasn't able to put a brush in paint until 9:30 or so. I finally got what I wanted to accomplish for the night done around midnight. I figured that if all I had to do Sunday night was roll the walls then I could knock that out pretty quick. Sunday morning the alarm clock goes off at 5:15am and I wake up Jen so she can go to the Sunrise service with her parents at 6:30am. I don't feel brave enough to try and wake up the boys to go to this service just yet. I get up a short time later and get the boys ready for mass. We then all go to 8:30 mass with Grandma. After church we head over to mom's house for brunch. She makes a tasty breakfast casserole with other baked goods. Both the kids get a huge basket full of toys and stuff to play with. After noon we go over to Jen's Aunt Carol's house for lunch. The boys do pretty good behaving themselves and I only have to chase Andrew up and down the stairs about 20 times. We find out that Andrew LOVES Jelly Beans. One of the toys that the kids played with were these plastic guns that shot foam discs. They will be finding these discs all over that house for years and probably in the strangest places. After eating and visiting we head home with some tired kids (and Jen) around 6:00pm. We put the kids to bed (with William fighting us again) and I finally got the bathroom finished around 11:00pm. Overall not a bad weekend, I say that the nap on Saturday helped me for the weekend.

No comments: