Monday, April 16, 2007

The mind of a woman

Sunday after lunch with the in-laws we decided to leave the kids with grandma and grandpa and try and get a few projects around the house done. It is soooo much easier and quieter without the little rug rats around. We get home and decide that we will run over to Lowe's and get a few things for projects around the house, and the fact that we have coupons to use (whee). The original plan was for two things, but of course Lowe's is like a candy store to me and I have a list a mile long of things I need or might need someday. But I was trying to be good and not go too nuts. We kept it to $85 (after coupons and gift card) for some essential things for the house. Mostly to finish the kids bathroom remodel. One of the things for the bathroom remodel is replacing the towel ring (for hand towel) and toilet roll dispenser since the two were a hodge podge of pieces. We go down the bathroom accesories isle looking at new fixtures whereupon we find some real nice fixtures made of solid brass that cost an arm and leg. I asked Jen if we truly needed solid brass fixtures for a "ducky" themed bathroom. Probably not. She was fascinated by a toilet roll dispenser that pivoted up to change to roll (pivot... pivot ala "friends") . So we work our way down the isle to the cheaper bathroom fixtures and I see the exact style of fixtures that would match the towel rack already in the bathroom. I mean it is an exact-dead-on match and I point it out to Jen. She tells me that the hand towel ring and the toilet roll dispenser wouldn't match the towel rack!! What? It's an exact match!!! No, she explains it wouldn't match the "newness" of the old towel rack. I paused....... she stared to say something but I just held up my hand, I told her to give me a minute to bask in the obscurity of that comment. ahhhhhhhhhhh riiiiiggghhhhttt. I could be wrong or it might be a girl thing. And we're moving.. and we're moving. The funnier part of the story is that when we got home I tried to reinstall the towel rack (you know the non-newness one) and I found that the brackets were missing, so unless they sell the brackets separate I am going to have to buy a new towel rack anyway. Also the old hand towel ring is now missing.. anyone else smell a conspiracy??????
We also bought a new light for the kids bathroom which I found out was a little smaller than the first light so now I am going to have to tear the light and mirror out to fix the holes and dents left by the last light and then repaint (yellow "ducky" color). Sigh..After this bathroom is our bathroom and the den and then.... and then.... and then...... and then......

post script to this story. Jen read my blog and corrected me. It wasn't the "newness" of the fixture it was the "shinyness" of them. Yeah that makes it make more sence.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

So then I said ...

"!@#$@#!^#$#%^^%&*^#&@^$!%#$@%$%@$!" in my head and took the human way out and didn't engage in a decades-long battle and war.